Sunday 30 October 2011

Oh My God? Did You Hear?

Have you ever met someone who has said, "Oh, you're ____! I've heard so much about you!", then spent the rest of the hour wondering what that person had heard about you?

 Let me tell you how all this starts. A girl, lets name her A, goes and tells B about C. And B tells D and E. D tells F and G and E tells H and I! Next thing you know, everyone, up to X, Y and Z knows about it!

Rumors are unavoidable. In your life, you'll come across many rumors about you. The best thing you can do is ignore. I've been victim to many rumors myself. And some of them are so untrue, they actually make me laugh! When someone is really bored with their own life, they start to talk about other people. And sometimes what they say about other people is made up, because they don't know the other person personally (Person Personally!:D That's a funny phrase!).            

Research has proven that every person has three personalities. One that others think we are, one we think we are and one we actually are. If we dwell too much on the first one, we never realize what the other two are. 

Gossiping leads to fighting, fighting leads to argument and argument leads to unhappy people. 


Now let's look at rumors from another point of view: An entertainment act. When someone gossips about an acquaintance they need at least a little information to create a complete background for the rumor. It keeps the person entertained for a pre-tty long time actually. I guess that's why people do it. 

So, my actual point of writing this post is to tell um, the ghosts that read my blog, that when you make a rumor, make it believable. Don't make it completely absurd(And people believe that absurd rumor! Idiots). That way you'll still be a respectable gossip monger. :) 




Fare thee well! (Pffft. As if any one's reading my blog.)



No comments:

Post a Comment